Da Lat is the capital of Lam Dong Province, Vietnam; apart from Ho Chi Minh City 300km. The city is located 1500m above the sea level on the Lam Vien Plateau in the southern parts of the Central Highlands region; its total area is 394.65km2.
Da Lat is a popular tourist destination in Vietnam. Being a beautiful city, it’s favored called with many graceful names such as “City of thousands of pine trees”, “City of thousands of flowers”, “City of fog”, “City of cherry blossom” or “Little Paris”.
Traffic in the city is so easy; it’s known as a city without lights traffic. You can travel by bicycle, tandem, horse cart, bus or motorbike. There are many places around town to rent those vehicles.
Some attracting stops:
• The most famous place of the city is Ho Xuan Huong Lake. The lake is at centre of town. It is one of the main draws of Da Lat. Boats can be rented on both sides of the lake.
• Colonial Palaces: The three palaces and summer home of the colonial era, last emperor of Vietnam Bao Dai, which is of great interest once you visit these three heritage sites, named Palace I, II and III.
• Crazy House is a striking, but it not-quite-finished fantasy house.
• Dalat Market, it is filled with local specialties: strawberry jam, fruit conserves, avocado, artichokes.
• Flower Garden is at the northwestern end of Xuan Huong Lake. A set of flower gardens centre around a reconstructed traditional Vietnamese teak wood house.
• The Lake of Sorrow is a common destination in Da Lat. The Lake of Sorrow is so-named because of a tale of two lovers, one who committed suicide after the other was called up to serve in the army.
• Langbiang Mountain. The 1,900 m peak is reachable by a steep paved path, ideal for a 3 hour hike, or you can ride in a Jeep. Also visit the ethnic village at the foot of the mountain.
• Nha Tho Domaine de Marie is a pink church on top of a hill, with a store selling various dried fruits and snacks from the local orchards run by the nuns of the monastery.
• Prenn Falls is a very common stop. Prenn Falls is quite beautiful, but is a lot more fun when you’re hiking it than just taking pictures of it.
• Thien Vien Truc Lam Monastery. The monastery has a magnificent view over the dams below and its gardens are full of landscaped shrubs in animal form. It’s an extremely peaceful, a great place to relax and soak in the tranquility.
• Valley of Love is another common stop in Dalat and is very popular with honeymooners. The Valley of Love is also a great spot for shooting.
• Tea and coffee hills in Cau Dat Valley is popular for travelers. It’s better to visit in harvest time, when you can enjoy the entire beauty of scenery.
Da Lat is an ideal destination for adventure travelers, with excellent mountain biking, hiking. With many attracting stops nearby, Da Lat is a splendid place for organizing teambuilding, amazing races. We have a great belief that you will completely satisfy if you choose Da Lat for a holiday.
Team Building Asiaphoenix